Job Description: Riskline is recruiting a three-month remote-based unpaid Research Intern to perform in-depth research, monitor security trends and write short analyses and long reports within the assigned region. Candidates must have excellent analytical, writing and editing skills and be able to work well under pressure and with little direct supervision. Regional language skills are highly preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience: The successful candidate will possess a strong academic background and/or professional experience. The role requires the ability to think critically and write to a very high standard in British English under tight deadlines. The candidate will be able to analyse and interpret complex situations to provide clear and concise information for clients. The position requires the candidate to manage time effectively, work under pressure and accept peer review. The ideal candidate will be a postgraduate student or will have recently graduated.
Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in International Relations, Political Science, Security Studies or Journalism (post-graduate degree preferred but not required)
- Familiarity and understanding of political and/or security issues of a specific region
Experience living, working and/or travelling extensively in that region
Qualifications & Skills:
- Academic or professional writing experience in British (UK) English
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and confidently to tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and interpret events and developments of potential interest or concern to clients
Working knowledge of regional language(s)
Note that as part of Riskline’s policies we do not provide feedback on the application process.