Job Description: Riskline is seeking a Junior Analyst to monitor and report on political, security, health and travel developments worldwide. We are seeking a candidate who has a strong academic background and/or professional experience within the fields of politics, international relations, security studies, journalism or regional studies. Candidates must have excellent analytical, writing and editing skills and be able to work well under short deadlines and with little direct supervision. European regional language skills are highly preferred.
Junior analysts are expected to monitor, track and report political, criminal, weather and other security-related events, along with other incidents that impact travel and safety around the world. They are expected to contribute to Riskline’s regional analysis for the country- and city-specific security threats and its special reports, including on Covid-19 and pandemic-related restrictions on movement, travel and gatherings.
The junior analyst will work remotely on a fixed schedule and working hours from within the Asia-Pacific region; weekend work may be required.
Desired Skills & Experience: The successful candidate will possess a strong academic background and/or professional experience. The role requires the ability to think critically and write to a very high standard in British English under tight deadlines. The candidate will be able to analyse and interpret complex situations to provide clear and concise information for clients. The position requires the candidate to manage time effectively, work under pressure and accept peer review.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Postgraduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, Security Studies or Journalism
- High level of knowledge and understanding of regional political and/or security issues
- Open-source intelligence analysis and verification
- Remote and/or work-from-home experience
- Experience living, working and/or traveling extensively
Qualifications & Skills:
- Academic or professional writing experience in English
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently on short deadlines
- Ability to identify and interpret events and developments of potential interest or concern to Riskline clients
- Currently located in the Asia-Pacific region
- Working knowledge of European politics, security issues and/or languages (in addition to English)
Note that Riskline does not provide feedback on the application process.