Job Description: Riskline is seeking a Junior Analyst to interpret political and security developments worldwide. We are seeking a candidate who has strong academic background and/or professional experience within the fields of politics, international relations, security studies or regional studies. Candidates must have excellent analytical, writing and editing skills and be able to work well under pressure and with little direct supervision. Regional language skills are highly preferred.
The junior analyst will work remotely in the assigned time zone(s) and working hours. The role involves daily monitoring and reporting on political and security developments worldwide as well as supporting regional analysis with analysis for country- and city-specific security threats.
Desired Skills & Experience: The successful candidate will possess a strong academic background and/or professional experience. The role requires the ability to think critically and write to a very high standard in British English under tight deadlines. The candidate will be able to analyse and interpret complex situations to provide clear and concise information for clients. The position requires the candidate to manage time effectively, work under pressure and accept peer review.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Postgraduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, Security Studies or Journalism
- High level of knowledge and understanding of political and/or security issues of a specific region
- Experience living, working and/or traveling extensively in that region
Qualifications & Skills:
- Academic or professional writing experience in British (UK) English
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and confidently to tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and interpret events and developments of potential interest or concern to clients
- Working knowledge of regional language(s)
Note that as part of Riskline’s policies we do not provide feedback on the application process.